We did a quote-unquote baby shower for my sister-in-law who adopted a beautiful baby girl. We had dinner at Olive Garden, it was a lot of fun. 

We just got back from the Desmond Reunion. We went camping up Maple Canyon, just outside of Fountain Green. It was a beautiful canyon, and the weather was nice. I let Ava crawl around in the dirt, cuz she was loving playing in it and I was tired of wrestling with her so she got a little dirty. Matt couldn't handle it. I tried to tell him, God made dirt -- Dirt don't hurt. That's the motto I grew up on, but it didn't seem to appease him. I think we stopped most the rocks from going in her mouth, but I guess time will tell how well we did...
I think Ava is gonna be a little Daddy's girl. They are so cute together! I love how much he loves her and plays with her and how much he helps me out! I love you Matt!!


I know I've probably said this before and I'll probably say it again, but I really love the stage Ava is at right now. She is so interactive and her personality is really starting to show. She does the cutest things and makes me laugh every day. I never imagined how wonderful motherhood could be.

Now that summer is coming to an end, things are slowing down a little bit. Our townhouse is getting closer and closer to being done. We are still very likely looking at the middle of September to be moving in, we can't wait!!! I just started teaching indoor cycling classes twice a week at The Difference, in Stansbury and I love it, and the Top of Utah Marathon is coming up on September 20. I have one more really long training run and then I get to taper off and get this thing over with. It will be my first marathon and I'm really excited. My goal was to do this one because it will be 4 days before Ava turns one. The real trick will be to come back and do a cycling class three days after I run it, and probably move into our townhouse. So, there's a little update on us.



4 comments:
Sounds like life is pretty busy for ya! I'm glad you get to teach that class, and that you went camping, and that Lainey isn't the only little girl that loves to eat rocks and play in the dirt! Keep us posted on when Ava's birthday party will be! Love ya!
Where is the difference? Shows how much I get out. I guess if I do I go to the city (not towilla, I mean tooele :) )
Ava's adorable even with a dirty face! I bet she had so much fun crawling in the dirt.
Thanks for planning the baby shower for Megan and Tania. I'm sure that meant a lot to them. I only wish I could have been there. Hopefully someday we'll live closer to family. It sounds like all of you had fun!
How fun that you are teaching that class and going to run a marathon! Go Jen! Ava is so cute playing in the dirt!
Post a Comment